This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
SPREAD THIS LIKE WILD FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!
SISTERS DOIN’ IT FOR THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT’S ALSO REALLY FUN. IT REMINDS ME A LOT OF THE SAILORMOON GAMEBOY SIDESCROLLERS. SHOOTING AND JUMPING.
Do I have an intimidating face? Not many men come up to me and give me one liners.
How can people see Emma Watson being verbally attacked online and threatened with hacked nudes being released by men because of her speech on gender equality and still think we don’t need feminism. It’s not women who make men out to be some evil creatures, you guys do that well enough on your own.
Don’t, for one minute, think that you had any effect whatsoever on my panties.
Fear doesn’t need conquering. Fear tells you where the edge is. Fear is a good thing.
Zooey Deschanel + feminism
“Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh’ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah. Don’t let someone steal your tenderness. Don’t allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to be truly affected by things.”